Recipes with grilled vegetables
Grilling vegetables. This may well sound a little more complicated than it actually is. You can use various different devices for grilling. People may often think of a barbecue first. But you can also grill in the oven, in a grill pan or on a contact grill. The latter option means you won’t even need to turn the vegetables. Of course the whole process will become even easier if you use pre-cut vegetables.
As grilled vegetables can be used in meals in a variety of different ways, we have added 2 recipes for inspiration. Winter, summer, whatever season you find yourself in. These recipes will allow you to easily and quickly put a sunny and nutritious meal on the table.
The vegetables listed are examples, which you can use at your own discretion. Courgettes and aubergines are delicious vegetables for adding a little variety. Or pumpkin. Or parsnip. Or ... well, I’m sure you can see where we’re going with this.
Meal salad with grilled vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and pips. Cut the broccoli and the half onion into coarse pieces.
- Position the vegetables and the clove of garlic on a baking tray with parchment paper and place it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven to the grill position after 20 minutes and leave the vegetables to grill for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, place the arugula in a bowl and add the olive oil, pepper and salt according to taste.
- Peel the black skin off the peppers once they have cooled and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Add the vegetables to the arugula and squeeze the garlic clove above the bowl.
- Toss everything together.
- Bon appetit!
Pasta with grilled vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Cut the tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, spring onion and red onions into pieces.
- Spoon the cut vegetables into a baking pan and season them to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with vinegar and olive oil.
- Place everything into the oven and cook for 25 minutes, regularly turning the vegetables.
- In the meantime, cook the penne.
- Drain the pasta once it’s cooked and stir in the vegetables.
- Allow the cheese to drain and subsequently add it to the penne and vegetables.
- Transfer it from the pan onto a plate and you will have a delicious pasta with grilled vegetables.
Tip: you could prepare a refreshing (cucumber) salad for on the side.